Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dream Job: Day One!

Normally I'd instagram my pictures before posting, just because I like the squareness of them on the blog, but these (mostly accidental) pictures I took today came out too perfect to mess with.



After prepping from 3-7am for our pop up shop with just one hour sleep under our belts, (thanks mick jagger for being too hilarious on saturday night live for me to block out so I could snooze) we began our very first selling day. The weeks leading up to this day I was secretly so so nervous people weren't going to like the things we one by one hand picked to sell, and that we'd wasted so much time and money on it all. But with each customer that bought something, we had a pleasant conversation about the uniqueness of the pieces, and the memories that certain items brought back for them. Gian turned to me a couple times and said, "It's really cool when I over hear some of the older people saying things like 'Oh that's so classic!' and 'that's the pattern my grandma had!' It's reassuring that we have legitimate things." I couldn't agree more. I had a music box for sale wound up throughout the entire day, and people would come up and say "There it is! We've been looking for that sound!" and "I had one just like this in my room as a little boy, it's bringing back a lot of memories." It feels so cool to see how excited people get over seeing something that makes them feel warm and fuzzy, and that I could do that for them, just by doing what I love. I didn't even feel like I was at work today. Being surrounded by all these homey vintage items I adore, meeting wonderful souls for people, strange street fashion watching, I could do it every day. My sunburned skin couldn't though.


(Top left photo) Gian exchanging money with our second, and one of my favorite customers.) Such a beautiful mom and daughter and they were so genuinely sweet! She was so excited to get her new bracelet, she opted out on a bag and put it on her wrist straight away. I love that!




P.S. I am SO lucky to have a guy that will support and participate in everything I want to do. He seriously slept an hour, stayed by my side from 3am to 3pm for the pop up shop, and dragged himself to WORK as a chef at 4pm! With a sunburn! Dehydrated, hot, and exhausted! 

On cloud nine,
Drey $ Nicole

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Good luck with this new venture!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete