Friday, February 7, 2014

Our Baby is Born!
























Exactly two weeks past his July 4th due date, I started having regular contractions and went to the hospital. The next morning of July 18, 2013 at 8:49 am he was laid on my chest. We named him Leo Luis Santinelli, Leo is my dad and grandpa's middle name, and great grandpa's first name, plus I just think it's the cutest! Luis (lou - eese ryhmes with peace) is G's pick from his family. The first thought that went through my mind was that he was so gorgeous, and I could just tell he was ours. He was the perfect mix of the both of us. He was 8 pounds 6 ounces and 21 inches long and just so perfect. Our hospital stay was so pleasant besides being exhausted, and Leo was at our side every second from the moment he entered the world. He latched on to eat immediately and flawlessly, and all the worries I had about anything went away. It was so natural and I feel so lucky that everything went smoothly. I'll never forget how special the skin to skin cuddles were in those first few days. I was so impressed with G's support through labor and I even saw him cry for the first time when he saw his son. He slept by my side every night, and was there to help me to the bathroom and with anything else I needed. As we were leaving our room to go home, I noticed we were in room s226 and had to smile. S for our last name, and 26 is my favorite number. It was just one more little thing that made the whole experience perfect. We are all so very lucky to have each other and my heart has never felt so full! Leo is everything I dreamt of and more times 642896424!

O M G I'm a mama!
Drey $ Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment