Thursday, December 27, 2012

Honeymoon Part II

I think the best highlight of our Steamboat honeymoon, was the highly suggested Strawberry Park hotsprings. We'd never been to a hotspring before, and I was totally fascinated by how the earth could make the water that hot naturally. There were five or six different "pools" that started at 110 degrees and gradually got cooler, reaching baby bath water temp. Even completely surrounded by snow, we were able to walk around from pool to pool just fine because of the hot water. The bottom of the pools were just natural sand and warm gravel that felt so good on our feet, and there were hand carved rock/mountain benches in the water. They had a "clothing optional" after dark rule that we took full advantage of because we were the only ones there. It was my first time ever and I felt like I just had to try it for a second, being natural and so beautiful. Between all the steam and the pitch black night, you couldn't see anything anyway. Afterwards, we got cleaned up and went to dinner at a cute little place many people told us was the well known, best fine dining restaurant in town. It was reservation only, very cozy and romatic and had only about 6 tables. We had the most amazing crab rangoons to start, and I tried my very first elk for dinner, paired with garlic mashed potatoes and the best scallops of my life. I will probably remember that day specifically from our honeymoon forever. It was the best!

Drey $ Nicole

1 comment: