Monday, May 13, 2013

Chia Seed Pudding

























Chia seed pudding has recently become one of my most favorite afternoon snacks. It's so very simple to make, too! Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium, potassium, antioxidants and iron. They curb your appetite, increase energy, aid in digestion, diabetes, lower cholesterol and blood pressure. You can eat them whole in your yogurt, salad or cereal, or you can soak them in water causing them to form a gel, which can then be added to smoothies and pudding. Today I'm sharing the recipe for a pudding. It can be found on the back of Trader Joe's chia seeds package, but if you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, just go to any local health food store and follow the directions below!

In a small cereal bowl, combine the following:
> 1/4 cup chia seeds
> 1 cup coconut milk
> 1/4 cup (or less) agave syrup
> mix and refrigerate 3 hours, serve 4 tbsp and enjoy!

I personally use about half of the 1/4 cup agave or else it's just too sweet. You can also substitute it for organic honey or any other sweetener, but the agave is my favorite. Play with different flavors by adding cocao powder, vanilla, fruit or citrus juice. (Again, I've tried flavors and the three ingredient recipe above is still simply my favorite.)

How do you eat your chia seeds?
Drey $ Nicole

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this...will have to make it :D
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com
    Don't forget to check my anniversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete