Saturday, February 4, 2012

A dose of Drey: Fact #1

A dose of Drey: Fact #1
As you come to know me you’ll learn that I have a thing for numbers. Odds, hate em. Evens, love! Now, there are certain feelings I get with specific odds and evens, for example 5’s. I don’t know what it is about fives that are worse than the average odd number, but they make me uncomfortable. Odds feel cold, blue, sad, and just down right off to me. On the flip side, evens are full of warmth, reds and oranges, fullness and comfort. Am I the only one who see’s colors with numbers?! Anyhow, 2’s, 4’s, and 6’s really rub me right, but my favorite number of all time is 26. Again, there is no sentimental reason, date, incident that happened for this obsession with the number 26 to come about, I’ve just for as long as I can remember gotten that warm fuzzy feeling when I see it, hear it, speak it. I set my alarm to wake up not for 8 or 8:30, but for 8:26. I often count how many times I do certain things and when I hit 26, I want to stop so I can hold on to that number. When I fantasize about wedding dates and anniversaries to come, I hope for them to be on the 26th of, you guessed it, an even numbered month. When I was looking to buy my house, the 2nd thing I did after liking the initial appearance of the house was check to see if the address was odd or even number filled. When I'm heating something in the microwave I set the time for 1 min. 26 seconds. This being said, yes I am diagnosed as slightly ocd. You'll see more of this elsewhere, trust me! Until then, do you have a number craze? Is there a reason for your obsession or is it just a self proclaimed "lucky number?" I'd love to hear about your 1, 2, 3's!



Sincerely,
Twenty $ Six

No comments:

Post a Comment